VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL AT ST. NICK'S 2015
CAPITAL CAMPAIGN NEWS
FOR A FIRM FOUNDATION
This campaign is our fundraising effort to address critical deferred maintenance and building improvements to meet the needs of the growing parish.
Work will be commencing soon on our first project - the installation of a lift for handicap access to the church's main entrance. See below for a summary of projects that will be addressed by Capital Campaign funds.
Projects to be funded by Capital Campaign
A thorough study has been made to assess improvements necessary to responsibly sustain the physical structure of our church. This evaluation included the gathering of suggestions, comments and opinions of the congregation, as well as professional structural evaluations. After prayerful consideration by the Vestry, the tough decisions were made to prioritize and narrow down the list of needs. We are attempting to raise funds over a three-year period totaling $265,000. These funds will be used for the following items:
- Exterior repairs to brick, mortar, wood trim, shingles $70,000
- Undercroft renovation including bathroom & kitchen $60,000
- Stained glass window repairs (first phase) $35,000
- Interior repairs, ceiling and walls, of sanctuary $35,000
- Campaign evaluation costs (already incurred) $35,000
- Handicap accessibility at front entrance $5,000
- Outreach to other communities in need $25,000
A more expanded explanation of the scope of work is included on our Capital Campaign website. Exceeding our goal will allow us to address additional items, such as the later phases of window restoration.
VISIT OUR WEBSITE!